Note: The following article by CIE Tours is taken from today's publication of the Members-only "On The Cutting Edge" Newsletter.
Ireland is a win/win product for faith-based travel -
a winning experience for the client and a winning sale for the tour organizer. Long known as the "Isle of Saints & Scholars," Ireland was the center of Christian learning, education, and traditions that were taught in the monasteries throughout Europe over a thousand years ago. This tradition has been carried forth into the 21st century, opening many doors for faith-based travel to Ireland. And, it is well known that "affinity" is the beauty of all group travel.
Here are 5 great reasons to choose Ireland for your next faith-based trip:
1. Ireland is the home of St. Patrick, St. Bridget, St. Kevin, St. Columba, St. Killian, St. Ciaran, and hundreds of other saints who have connections to US-based travelers.
2. The Book of Kells, an elaborately scripted 9th century version of the Four Gospels and truly one of the great religious treasures of the world, is a main attraction of Dublin.
3. Co. Mayo is the setting of Knock, a leading Marian shrine like Lourdes and Fatima, drawing close to 2 million people a year.
4. Many of Ireland's historic abbeys and churches are in beautiful settings, easily accessible and open to the public, such as Kylemore Abbey, Glenstal Abbey, Ballintubber Abbey, as well as cathedrals, churches, chapels, round towers and high crosses.
5. Ireland's mainstream visitor attractions include many places with religious significance - to trace in the footsteps of saints: 6th century Glendalough and Clonmacnoise monastic settlements; St. Patrick's Holy Mountain near Westport, Co. Mayo; St. Patrick's Grave and early cathedrals in Armagh and Down; St. Declan's round tower at Ardmore, Co. Waterford; The Rock of Cashel; Holy Island in Lough Derg, and more.
CIE Tours is geared to facilitating faith-based travel and building itineraries that blend religious links with enjoyable 21st century activities and luxuries. CIE's group department works to develop customized itineraries to fit every requirement - arranging visits to Mass rocks, holy wells, and other unusual religious places. No request is too difficult - CIE has all the right connections.
Jim Kelly Vice President - Sales
CIE Tours International